You are here
The Office of Proposal Development (OPD) is a service unit, working with Illinois faculty and other researchers to develop proposals in order to secure external funding. We have expanded our services beyond large proposals, to R01s and other basic research and single investigator grants. We:
- Analyze the Request for Application (RFA); comparing the draft proposal to RFA for alignment and completeness
- Edit, including re-writing as appropriate
- Write the non-programmatic sections; broader impacts, data management plans, etc.
- Provide detailed review of supplementary documents for compliance with sponsor formats and content, such as biosketches and letters of support, as well as assembling documents
- Develop checklists and establish timelines
- Coordinate pre-submission peer review
- Provide logistical support and access to other available resources (science writers, graphic artists, budget specialists, biostatisticians, data management plan expertise and more)
In addition to these activities, OPD manages the campus' limited submissions process.